Monday, July 18, 2011

4th of July

I'm just now getting to our 4th of July! We had a great and fun day. I worked out in the morning and then came back and grabbed the family to go to a gym BBQ. It was a blast! The boys had so much fun swimming with their Daddy and Carly hung out in the stroller with me. Afterwards, we went home, took naps and then went over to my parents to enjoy some steaks.
I attempted to take some pictures of the kids. Let's just say that about 100 pictures later (not even kidding), I gave up. Here is the anatomy of taking a picture with 3 kids.

1) Tell your kids to smile, and one will ... albeit crazily
2) Tell one of your kids to stop holding on to another one of your kids heads
3) No seriously, get your hands off her head!!!!
4) Mom in fear that child will attempt to crawl off couch
5) Attempt to change the position of children so that no one can fall head first
6) Try to get baby to stop trying to wiggle away
7) Tell children to smile pretty and not lamely
8) Good, good, now will other child look at mom while smiling?
9) Baby distracts other child and is trying to escape
10) Tell kids to hold baby up while she's making a good escape
11) Baby does not like this and other child is getting bored
12) Uh oh, baby really is not happy
13) Crap, kids, look at me hurry! And SMILE!
14) This is not working
15) Look through all the pictures you take and pick the best one. Meh, it'll have to do.
And there you have it! Happy 4th of July!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

haha, love it!

Julie Barnes said...

Ha ha ha... That looks like me trying to get a picture. Good to know I am not the only one struggling. ;) Also, Carly IS SO C U T E!!!!!!!!! Oh man, I love her cute little face. I think Nolen was too fat to sit... and Carly has to tiny of a bum! How cute!

Kerstin Miller said...

haha! that is awesome! I seriously feel the same way. I am just so relieved we got a few where they were all looking at the camera. Wade was really not having it on family pic day! lol i got my dress at Kohls.... 20 bucks on sale but i used Kohls cash....free ! gotta love it!

Beka said...

This scenario looks familiar!