Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Easter

I would have tons of pictures if we weren't filming both of our children during the Easter egg hunt. I had John's phone and he had the camera so we could both film Landon and Cody separately. A little much? Maybe. But it was 5 minutes of cuteness with Cody for me! We would help him find eggs and point to them and he would just say, "ooOOOooh" (The capital O is for when his voice would go all high). He has the funniest way of talking. If you ever talked on the phone with him, you know what I mean. Landon was very happy to help Cody find some of the eggs too. It would have been smart of me to get a picture of them with their Easter baskets after but I wasn't that smart so you will just have to trust me that they looked cute in their outfits and their Easter egg hunt was the best!
On Easter, we were lucky enough to have Elder Cook come to speak with out stake! It was so great! I was really nervous because I was playing piano ("He is Risen") for the choir and the piece was a little hard. Not to mention, it was for a whole lot more people than normal and a General Authority was there! Amazingly, it went better than I could have hoped for and it was great! I was relieved that we did the piece in the beginning of the meeting so I was able to sit with my family for the remainder of it. I had a couple people come up to me after and say, "well, I knew you played, I just didn't know you were good!" I thought I was just really lucky to have played as well as I did with being so nervous. The week before, we had our ward Easter program. I played for a couple people and sang a song called "I Have Not Seen, Yet I Believe". It's a beautiful piece!
I think Landon is getting the true meaning of Easter. Teaching Cody and Landon about the Resurrection just reaffirms that I know that he lived! That he died for all of us and was resurrected. That he now lives. I love the scriptures that say, "Why seek ye the living among the dead? He is not here, but is risen". It is amazing to hear Landon tell Cody that Jesus died for us so that we could live again.

No comments: